Wednesday 1 May 2013

One of my favourite bits of kit...

So having access to a lot of top quality equipment means I am never short of the right stuff for most situations. I can also see which ones actually benefit me the most, and yes there is always place for my Jet Boil, sometimes I'll take the humble Uno stove for a brew up in car park, or for a week away it's the double burner and grill. Three sleeping bags at home plus a whole raft of bags to choose from depending on the temperature and how lightweight I want to go. Tents? Yep, got that covered, 1 man, 2 man, 4 man, and 6 man, choosing based on how friendly feel at the time. Comfy chairs, bright lights, nice knives, got em all but none of these is my favourite, and not one of these things gets taken on every trip. My favourite item comes with me on every trip, one is in the car and left there so it's always with me, it has a whole range of uses but it's main purpose is in the name. The sit-mat. Yes a piece of foam costing no more than £2 is one of my top pieces of outdoor equipment, I love it! Going for a hike? Get the sit mat on the outside of the bag, always somewhere comfy and dry to sit. Camping? Always have it handy for kneeling on when lighting the BBQ or fire on the ground. Ground too rough to safely use your lightweight stove? Pop it on a sit mat! Need to check out a weird noise under your car on the way to a wedding? Kneel on a sit mat, save your best suit for only £2! It will always be useful, and it shows that the simplest things are usually the best. The design can't be improved, technology can't make it perform better, faster or stronger, it's just a piece of high density foam that is there to improve your life. So get one. Get three if you want, just have it ready for your next time outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment